Skip to main content

Blog Business, My Little Corner

So, life is still busy.  Kids are finishing up their school year, and with our home life, gardening, volunteer jobs and side jobs, life seems to never settle down.  I meant to type up some meaningful blog post about this or that.  And then I looked over some blog stats...and it's kind of interesting...so for your curiosity only:

I began this blog in September of 2008, with sporadic posts, and not a real focus of intention.  Creeping up on four years of creative writing in this therapeutic outlet, has left me with a sense of gratitude.  How many times have I almost been at the brink of crazy, when this writing and typing has saved the day.

So for those of you who are curious here's some stats on this blog and some of it's reach over these few years....

Interestingly enough, this below blog post, has gotten the most hits, dating back to February of 2011....it's a good reminder of being present, being spontaneous and remembering not to take life so seriously:  Little Guys and Big Things

Second in line was this post on a great video:  I still like to watch this one from time to time...so inspiring.

Next I thought I'd mention one of my pages that has generated quite a bit of traffic:  Mind of the Good Man Series.  Also interesting, is how many are finding this page...so many people are google searching the words "Sad Man".  It seems very telling.

Also I know many who read the About Me and the Why I Blog - I guess trying to get a grip on who I am and why I do this.

Top countries that visit:  Of course USA is top, then Russia, Germany and France.....down the line a bit, Netherlands, Philippines and South Korea.  Who'd think it?  Some random ramblings can reach across the globe and have an effect on someone I have never met.  Whoa. 

Now, I can see my Facebook Page brings new people all the time, as well as my posts on CatholicMom.com

Recently, I have added some photo artwork on this site, and have just signed up for bigstock images, and 7 have already been approved!  Fun, fun, fun.

Finally, I thought I'd mention one more thing:  I am nearing 20,500 page views.  Maybe that's small potatoes, I know, but that's significant for an anonymous blogger, like me, who can't devote significant time to promotions.

So that's it, that's my blog in a nutshell.  Hopefully I'll be back with something a little more inspiring as the days pass.  In whatever life path God has chosen for you, make your mark, leave your print, leave something behind that people won't forget. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Domo Arigato Gozaimasu Nihon - Thank You Japan

First, I apologize.  It's almost been a week since my last post, and life certainly has a way to take me over.  Arigato Gozaimasu - Thank You We have many commitments, many places where we have promised our time and energy, and when sickness sets in for me or anyone in our home, life pretty much stops....for little while anyway. Thankfully, the illnesses are down to minor colds, and as of yesterday, I am off the meds to treat a sinus infection.  But that's not all.  It's re-enrollment time at school, and every March we face the same uncertain future in debate...Can we swing yet another year's worth of financial commitment to our Catholic school, for four children. It's a stressful time, it's uncertain, and I have to say, that security is something I thrive on.  Any insecurity, and I tell you, life just isn't right.  With the children unaware of our finessing the budget, we work to keep that calm and peace that assures the children all will be well. 

Words Can Hurt

When we first started having children, like most people, we realized quickly how they often work as a mirror to our own actions. Letting a swear word slip here or there was not uncommon in our home, yet, when our first child was about 18 months or so, and hearing my swear word echo in the house for several days from her little lips, well, it was enough to curb my speech, dramatically. And now, swear words are never spoken in front of the children, and we have adopted a few more words that are unacceptable in the house, even though common place in the world. Just another example at how, as parents, we truly are the domestic church. The world may be on the path of negativity, but the home is where we make the difference. My four year old the other day, said, "I hate tomatoes!" Not the worst thing to hear from her mouth, granted, however, the word 'hate' bothers me a lot. 'Hate' is a very strong word, opposite of 'Love'. Think of how strong that word, 

Little Guys and Big Things

Sometimes, Veggie Tales stick with you. Even when an 8 year old seems too old for Veggie Tale stories, and reluctantly watches a few, the messages do stick.  Over the weekend, my Knight was to serve Mass.  For the past few Sundays he has been serving, and we keep reminding him of the various ways to show reverence while doing his duties.....a bow to the tabernacle, folding of the hands and so forth. Sunday, I happened to be watching Knight lather his gel in his hair to ready for Mass, and I once again, reminded him to keep his reverent ways about him while serving.  He made a distinct face at me, and said, "Ugh, Mom, those other server boys are bigger than me.  I don't want to do something they aren't doing." "I understand, but you could set the example, because you know, what you are doing is the right thing." He shook his head, looked at himself in the mirror, and seeing his own image reflected, said again, "I'm the youngest one there, Mom